Our dedicated team members can manage your listings, or take it entirely off your hands and set it up (not…
How insurance coverage & renter safety works?
–All our listings are vetted for and covered by watercraft insurance, provided by AnchorsBook and for each individual watercraft we offer.
–Commercial operations/shops: have existing insurance coverage for their fleet. Captains for rentals are Dubai & Abu Dhabi Marine Authority certified, maintain harbor licenses, and provide all safety equipment onboard.
–Renters booking a listing or making requests to go out on the water must provide their: contact information & local ID to the vendor/owner of a watercraft during rental pickup to comply with regional law and insurance policies.
(All of this is handled securely and easily online with the AnchorsBook platform)
–Vendors that list with AnchorsBook and have provided appropriate documentation for a listing are also able to use temporary licenses (Rental Boat Safety Checklist) for their daytime self-drive rentals if they wish. Download the corresponding checklists from the TC website here.
Our goal is to truly enable anyone who complies with the law to access the water, or put their watercraft to work.
–Vendors/owners who MUST require a physically signed waiver, as opposed to our already implemented online equivalent, you can conveniently download one below to print and have renters sign (or use your own existing waiver):
If you need rental insurance coverage as a new watercraft owner getting started, we can help you properly get started with our insurance partner Gifford Carr who offers fast-tracked policies for AnchorsBook vendors!
We are proudly partnered with Gifford Carr for our own insurance, and recommend them for our vendors.
(Canada Only, Not available for UAE vendors)
-Any insurance questions should be handled directly between renter and owner as policies, laws, and regulations vary from province to province and by country.
-While we will vet documentation owners take sole responsibility for making sure their watercraft is safe, secure, insured, and seaworthy.
Other useful safety resources:
Renter & Vendor Agreement:
- General Conditions
There are many risks and dangers associated with boating and activities around and in the water. There are risks of collisions, falls, injuries to spine, arms and legs, pinching, drowning, and death that can arise from the negligence of others, your own negligence, weather conditions, acts of God, water conditions and your own experience and abilities.
For your own safety and the safety of your friends and family who may be participating in your rental activity it is important that you understand the risks and explain and manage them to every member of your party.
- Acknowledgement of Risks
I/We acknowledge that the following lists of hazards describe some but not all of the potential risks or injuries while boating. Changing water depth, currents, wave height and direction, boat wake, changing weather, wind, lightning, motion sickness, collision with objects in water, other watercraft, docks & shore walls. Injuries from falls, strain on joints, neck or spine from pounding of waves or collisions Injuries from capsizing, hypothermia, exposure to water and sun or falling in or from boat. Risks can be reduced or influenced by operator’s condition, experience, tiredness, coordination, balance, disability, alcohol or drug impairment, focus and group size. If an operator at any time feels that conditions of the environment have become a hazard to the safe operation, they will return to port immediately. Any owner/vendor listing, operating, or profiting in any form from charters ensure the captain(s) they provide are Transport Canada certified for charters, and carry the appropriate licenses for captaining charters in the province you are in.
- Assumption of Risk and Liabilities
I/We agree to assume responsibility for all risks including those listed and others not identified. My participation in the activity is voluntary. All participants in my party have been made aware of the risks and I will be responsible for them. I am not impaired by alcohol or drugs and I do not have any disability or condition that may impair my safe operation of the watercraft. We elect to participate in the rental use in spite of the risks and potential dangers of operation on and around the water. We understand that at the total discretion of AnchorsBook this rental agreement can be terminated when and if there is a question as to the competency or condition of the operator or when weather conditions prevent the safe operation of the watercraft. I/We understand that any film, video, photo or image of me/us while operating the rental watercraft may be used for promotional or social media purposes.
- Release of Liability
- In consideration for the services provided by AnchorsBook in the rental of a watercraft, I/We for myself and any minor children for which I am a parent or guardian and any guests that I may be entertaining, or any representative or heir agree that AnchorsBook shall have no liability for any injury, death, or damage however caused by operation of the watercraft and I/We release and discharge AnchorsBook and its insurer for any damages or injuries however caused.
- Renter-Vendor waiver/agreement conditions
Our motto is “Easy Watercraft Rentals” but our goal is for you to have a safe yet fun experience.
- Minimum age for a rental is 21+, or boat charter with captain is 18+ years old
- A valid ID must be presented at the start of a rental
- Damage deposit does not limit the renter’s liability in the case of a severe or total loss of self-drive rentals. Negligent or purposeful damage to a boat charter facility or rental may result in cancellation during the rental by the vendor.
- AnchorsBook or the vendor has the right to refuse rental in the event that there is a weather situation that would pose a risk to the renter. This could include limiting the rental agreement to a geographic area or day part or full cancellation. Conditions for weather cancellations include wind speeds or gusts greater than 25 kph or 13 knots and wave heights in excess of 1 meter. Rain or overcast will not normally be a situation that would cancel a rental agreement. Orders from the coast guard may also result in a cancellation.
- Mandatory safety equipment is included in each rental. Do not remove these from the vessel or PWC unless in an emergency. There is a personal floatation device for each occupant of the vessel and it is recommended that they be used throughout the use
- As an operator in charge of a self-driven watercraft you must be attentive at all times to your actions, your guest’s actions and behavior, other boaters, swimmers, objects in water, depth of water and changing weather conditions. Renter will have a cell phone on their person if self-driving.