Why should you use AnchorsBook’s boat rental services or other watercraft rental services? There are many reasons to use us…
Our dedicated team members can manage your listings, or take it entirely off your hands and set it up (not the physical rental/charter however)
Free of charge
- Free (no added cost/commission etc.)
- Peace of mind, your listing setup your way
- Verified & boosted listings to renters
- Extra paid advertising appearance on socials/FB/Kijiji/Google/etc.
What this is NOT: Us managing the physical rental, meeting customers, etc.
What this IS: Tailored listing features, active online management, and white glove treatment for your particular businesses rental operations with 24/7 support from our team. E.G. for some of our top vendors:
How it works?
- Get in contact with an AnchorsBook fleet manager using the form below
- Provide us the required documentation & info: (number/type of vessels to manage, vessel/listing information & availability, and attach a nice picture of one of your watercrafts)
- Form response processed within 24 hours. We will reach out to you with next steps and get your listing up right away (if everything looks good)
How much does AnchorsBook take from vendors earnings? What’s your charge for the setup/admin fees?
We take a 5-10% commission on rental or charter revenues (far lower than competitors). We only make money when you do, and in exchange we provide our platform, secure payment & escrow, as well as advertising your listing and getting you more bookings. Listing and setup fees are free of charge!
Do you check renters for proper operating watercraft license?
YES, they have to submit their PCOC (unless you are willing to offer a temporary checklist). You can view their files on your profile at any time, as well as vet or message them before accepting or declining a booking.
What if they damage the boat? Is there a security deposit?
There is a security deposit that you can set. We can charge this for you online from the renter when they pay for the booking, or you may do it in person via cash or your own debit/credit ATM machine.
How and when can I get paid?
You get paid right after a rental or charter ends, after 12 hours. We can e-transfer, PayPal, or bank transfer the payment (at your preference). After the first payment/preference we automate your payouts.
Can I captain (charter) for renters instead of them driving my boat?
YES, you are able to have charters where you captain, and this is far less risky as you can imagine.
There may be cancellation in case of bad weather condition. How do I cancel a booking?
You may set your own cancellation policies (make it clear in your listing). You are able to cancel a booking before payment is made online within the listing/account. If you wish to cancel after payment is made you can contact our 24/7 support to cancel the booking and enforce relevant cancellation policy and refunds.
Do I need to get different insurance for the boat?
You would need to get commercial rental insurance, which we can help you setup in a week with our partner (its around 1.5x-2x more than pleasure boat insurance). You can have any insurance policy that covers liability for watercraft rentals (commercial activities). AnchorsBook has an exclusive partnership with Gifford Carr to fast track our vendors insurance applications for watercraft rentals, and get them the lowest rates in the market!
Does AnchorsBook set the rates?
NO, you set whatever rates you wish. We do not set rates and encourage the free market/competition, so viewing rates of others would be wise to create your own. E.g. charters with captain are usually $150-$300/hour.
Why Can’t I message the Renter yet?
ONLY after a renter has successfully paid for your booking (following you accepting their request and reviewing their documents) can you message the renter.
At this stage, when the renter has paid, please feel free to exchange phone numbers if you wish to better coordinate pickup/dropoff.
E.g. from your account/dashboard when you login to AnchorsBook (you also get notified by email)
Why Use AnchorsBook?
AnchorsBookEasy Watercraft Rentals
- Reduced B2B Rates For Listings
- We Handle/Pay Electronic Transaction Costs from Our End
- We manage & curate all listings for free
- Superior listing features, appearance & functionality
- All aspects are or can be automated (if you wish)
- Catered specifically for the Canadian & UAE market, laws, and user
- Far Higher Rates & You Pay Extra Transaction fees
- Anti-Competitive: Do not allow you to list anywhere else outside their platform
- You pay to hire listing help / management
- DO NOT VET FOR INSURANCE
- Limited listing functions & watercraft types
- Catered for the US market/laws (does not vet insurance or care about user safety)