Do I need a Boating License?

“Yes! Excluding the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, all persons who operate a motorized pleasure craft in Canada that is used for recreational purposes must carry a Transport Canada Accredited Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) or equivalent proof of competency on board. A Pleasure Craft Operator Card is commonly referred to as a boating license.”

We understand sending an ID online can seem risky. However, AnchorsBook works with two 3rd party companies to provide a safe way for our customers to submit their ID without the worry of identity theft. Please note they both have secure databases and your privacy is of the utmost importance.

AnchorsBook requests ID for the same reasons you are asked to show an ID when boarding an airplane or booking a hotel room. We want to ensure we are getting the right people on the water while also ensuring the safety and security of the community including our watercraft owners and managers.

Please note in certain cases if we do not receive a valid ID, AnchorsBook may cancel a booking. 

We hope this answer helps but if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to email us at

Sign In


Reset Password

Please enter your username or email address, you will receive a link to create a new password via email.