We stand by the work provided by pre-screened Vendors that Renters contract with through our platform and we strive to create the best possible experience for Renters & Vendors. We understand, however, that unexpected things can happen and while AnchorsBook is not a party to the contract between any Vendor and any Renter, we want to ensure your AnchorsBook experience keeps you coming back.
At AnchorsBook, we stand behind every watercraft outing with our Protection Promise, so you can be confident you’re getting a high level of service every time.
1. About our Renter Protection Promise
If you are not reasonably satisfied with the performance of the Vendor you have Requested through our Services, you may submit a claim (“Claim“) to us in accordance with this AnchorsBook Protection Promise. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that your Claim meets all eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements“) as provided herein, we will endeavor to resolve the problem in the manner determined by us, which may include using the same or another Vendor to attend the pickup location and fix the problem, or reimbursing you for the Rental Payment amount you have paid for the Vendor’s Service in kind or by applying credits redeemable towards future rentals to your User Account.
2. Eligibility Requirements
We reserve the right to review or consider only those Claims that meet all Eligibility Requirements provided herein and are under no obligation to review or consider a Claim or notify a Requesting User who has filed a Claim that does not meet the Eligibility Requirements as follows:
- AnchorsBook User Account and Compliance. You must have a User Account with AnchorsBook and must be and at all times during the claim process remain in full compliance with our Terms & Conditions and the terms of this AnchorsBook Protection Promise.
- Rental Service(s) Requested and Performed Through the AnchorsBook Platform. You must have connected with the Vendor with whom you contracted to provide the Rental that is the subject of your Claim through our Services and your User Account. For clarity, any work done by a Vendor that was performed as a result of contact or follow up with a Vendor by phone, text, or otherwise without placing a Request is considered outside the scope of our Services. Your Claim will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise if you connected with a Vendor outside our Services to provide any part of the Rental that is the subject of your Claim. All work done pursuant to the Request that is the subject of your Claim must have been Requested by you while logged in to your User Account, Accepted by a Vendor through our Services, and performed only by that Vendor. If more than one Vendor is required to complete the Rental Requested, you or the originally contracted Vendor must request additional Vendors through our Service. If, in connection with the Vendor underlying your Claim, you choose to hire or contract with additional worker(s) without making a Request through our Service, your Claim will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise.
- No Alterations or Modifications. You must not alter or modify any parts, equipment, engine or body of the Vendors watercraft, except to the extent reasonably necessary to minimize damage resulting from your Claim. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have materially altered or modified any of the watercraft parts or equipment provided by the Vendor relating to your Claim and that your alteration or modification in any way contributed to the problem or issue, your Claim will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise.
- No Work or Recommendations Declined. If, during the Rental or dispute, the Vendor makes reasonable recommendations to address the problem identified in the Request or Claim or any other problems that may have been discovered in the course of the performance of the Rental (the “Recommended Services“) and you declined the Recommended Services, or any part thereof, your Claim will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise to the extent we determine, in our sole discretion, that the Recommended Services may have addressed part or all of your Claim.
- Payment for Rental. You must have paid in full for the Rental that is the subject of your Claim. Your Claim will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise if you seek to stop payment for any Rental, such as by contesting or refusing the related charge to your credit card.
- Claim Submitted Within Thirty (30) Days. If you choose to submit a Claim under the AnchorsBook Protection Promise, you must do so in accordance with the process described herein and within thirty (30) days after the last day of the rental performed as logged by the Vendor. Any Claims filed after the 30-day deadline will not be eligible for the AnchorsBook Protection Promise.
3. Filing and Processing a Claim
- Filing a Claim. If you wish to file a Claim, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online claim form: https://anchorsbook.com/2023/02/21/disputes/ You will be asked to provide the following information: your name and address; a complete description of the Rental, rental experience, and the problem arising therefrom; and, such other information or documentation (including photos) reasonably required to assess your Claim. By filing a Claim, you agree to timely provide all additional information or documentation as we may reasonably request from time to time and represent and warrant to us that all information you provide during the Claim process is accurate, complete, and fairly represents the problem underlying your Claim. You further agree that we may, and authorize us to, share your Claim and any information you provide us in connection with the Claim with the applicable Vendor.
- Processing a Claim. Any discretion, review, determination, option, right, choice or decision exercisable by us hereunder and throughout the Claim process will be at our sole discretion, regardless of whether the phrase “in our sole discretion” is used or not. We reserve the right to determine if the evidence you provide is reasonable and sufficient to process your Claim in accordance with these AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms and to request additional information relating to your Claim at any time. You agree that your rights under the AnchorsBook Protection Promise will be subject to your providing us with all requested information. On a commercially reasonable efforts basis, we will address your problem as soon as reasonably practicable, but you acknowledge that it may take up to six weeks from the time you submit your Claim and all required documentation to complete resolution of your Claim. You agree that we will have no liability for any failure to resolve or make payment for your claim within this projected time period. Further, you understand and agree that if you fix or repair (or hire another service provider to fix or repair) any problem that resulted in the filing of your original Claim with us prior to us processing and resolving your Claim, your Claim will be automatically disqualified and you will be ineligible to receive any protection or payment from us for that Claim, unless such fix or repair was necessary to mitigate immediate damage or worsening of a situation (such as loss of electricity or water, or water damage).When we receive your Claim, we will decide whether it is eligible for protection under the AnchorsBook Protection Promise (an “Eligible Claim“). If your Claim is an Eligible Claim, we will choose the appropriate resolution. We reserve the right to determine that your Claim is not an Eligible Claim and will notify you of your Claim’s ineligibility by email to the email address you have provided in your User Account.
4. Remedying Your Eligible Claim
If we decide that your Eligible Claim has merit, we may, in our sole discretion, attempt to remedy the problem by: by sending up to two (2) Vendors to you at our expense; provide a credit to your User Account that you may put towards future Rentals; pay you the Rental amount you originally paid for the Vendor; or provide such other remedy or combination of remedies as we determine may fix or help fix the problem.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, and without in any way restricting the limits and exclusions set out in the General Terms of Service, the maximum amount we will incur, reimburse, or credit you for a Claim under the AnchorsBook Protection Plan will not exceed CDN $1,000 in the aggregate, regardless of the amount of damage claimed. If we decide to remedy the problem or seek alternative estimates for repair of the problem, you agree that you will cooperate with such efforts, including providing access to the Premises, meeting with the Vendor(s) identified by AnchorsBook to correct the identified problem(s), and providing complete and accurate information to any necessary third party about the Rental and your attempts to resolve the Claim.
We reserve the right to remedy your Eligible Claim under the AnchorsBook Protection Promise in the manner we determine, including by paying the Vendor directly to fix the problem, by mailing you a check, or by otherwise crediting your User Account.
5. Waiver and Release
You understand and agree that we are under no obligation to remedy a problem arising out of a contract between you and the relevant Vendor with whom you contracted through the AnchorsBook platform. Any remedy we may choose to provide your Eligible Claim under the AnchorsBook Protection Promise is subject to your execution of a waiver and release (“Waiver and Release“) in the form we provide to you. Such Waiver and Release will require you to hold AnchorsBook harmless and you understand and agree that you will waive, release, and forever discharge us from and against any and all manner of liabilities, claims, demands, suits, damages (including direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental and consequential damages), costs, expenses, debts, actions and causes of action of any kind or nature whatsoever related to or arising from the Claim.
6. Recourse from Vendor
AnchorsBook is not a party to your contract with any Vendor and you have the right to pursue recourse directly with the Vendor with whom you contracted for the Job.
If we choose to amend these AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms under the Amendments section of the Terms & Conditions, we will post the revised AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms on this page and we will indicate at the bottom of such page the date of the last revision or modification. Revised AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms are effective on the date posted. However, the AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms in effect on the date the Rental underlying your Claim was Requested will apply to that Claim.
If we choose to amend these AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms under the Amendments section of the General Terms of Service, we will post the revised AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms on this page and we will indicate at the bottom of such page the date of the last revision or modification. Revised AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms are effective on the date posted. However, the AnchorsBook Protection Promise Terms in effect on the date the Rental underlying your Claim was Requested will apply to that Claim.
If you have any questions about the AnchorsBook Protection Promise, you may email us at email@example.com.
Last updated date: June 17, 2023